Education Health & Safety Protocol
The safety of our students and colleagues is our top priority. To create the safest environment possible for your student, we’re taking guidance from the governor’s “Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step” plan, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as local governments and AdventHealth.
Our extensive safety protocol is summarized below. We welcome your calls and emails should you have any questions or need additional information.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- You will be asked to complete an at-home self-assessment before each day begins to make sure your student is feeling well and ready for a full day of fun.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Each class will have a set arrival time so that your student is only checking in with their class.
- Please pull up to 155 E. Anderson Street, Stage Door entrance. An education team member will be there to greet you to begin check in/check out procedures.
- Before entrance into the classroom, our team—who will be wearing face coverings and gloves—will take the student's temperature and share daily updates. There’s no need for you to leave your car (which will help keep our students and team safe, too).
- Our team will then escort each student inside the building and the day officially begins.
- During classes and educational programs, we will practice social distancing throughout the duration of class. We’ve identified distinct class areas throughout the building to hold classes or rehearsals with maximum space for social distancing, and have built breaks in between class transitions to support crowd control.
- Each class has a reduced capacity to ensure no more than seven to ten students per room, which will help ensure students aren’t unnecessarily exposed to others.
- When distancing guidelines are a challenge—during check-in and check-out, for instance, or when students are engaged in small-group activities—students, teaching artists, and assistants will all be required to wear face coverings.
- During class, students will be assigned their own large marked square of space. Squares will be placed a minimum of six feet apart, so that students can spread out and freely dance, sing, practice, and perform without face coverings.
WHEN YOU PICK UP
- Check out will take place outside the building, and each student will be escorted to their car.
OTHER SAFETY MEASURES
- We use hospital-grade disinfectant to thoroughly clean and sanitize our facility multiple times a day, including all rooms used for activities, and all public spaces like restrooms, theaters and lobbies.
- We take extra care with high-touch areas like door handles, stair railings and elevators.
- We have several extra touchless hand-sanitizer stations and will require 20-second hand-washing or sanitization before each activity, upon arrival and check-out, and other breaks.
- Water fountains will not be available for use, so students should bring water bottles with them.
- Our colleagues have all completed COVID-19 training so that they can provide students proper guidance on hand-washing and social distancing.
- We will check in frequently with our students to ask how they are feeling physically. Should anyone feel ill, we will provide them a quiet location away from other students until they can be picked up.
We will inform you via email should any part of our Health & Safety Protocol change due to updates in local and state guidelines.