Shows & Events Postponed
The City of Orlando decided to temporarily limit gatherings in city-owned venues, including the Dr. Phillips Center and Bob Carr Theater. This action is designed to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 and we embrace this decision, as we place the health and well-being of our colleagues, guests, students, artists and partners above all else. As a result of the announcement, several performances and events have been postponed or canceled, along with our education classes and initiatives.
We appreciate your patience as we actively explore options for rescheduled performances, events, educational classes and initiatives. We look forward to the time when we can get together again—knowing the arts will continue to inspire and unite us.
Shows Rescheduled The following shows are currently rescheduled. We are alerting ticket buyers of the new date. Ticket buyers should hold on to their tickets, which will be valid for the rescheduled performance date. For the latest information on specific shows, click on the show below.
- Eugene Snowden - part of the AMP'd Series rescheduled to Monday, August 10, 2020 from Monday, April 20, 2020
- The Price is Right Live! rescheduled to Wednesday, August 19, 2020 from April 19, 2020
- Hatsune Miku rescheduled to Friday, September 4, 2020 from April 26, 2020
- Brian Regan rescheduled to Friday, September 11, 2020 from March 15, 2020
- Eli Castro rescheduled to Friday & Saturday, September 11 & 12, 2020 from May 15–17, 2020
- Djavan rescheduled to Friday, September 18, 20202 from May 3, 2020
- Salsa y Sazón rescheduled to Sunday, September 20, 2020 from March 22, 2020
- Aladdin Ballet presented by the Russian Ballet Alafaya rescheduled to Saturday, October 17, 2020 from April 18, 2020
- MasterChef Jr. Live! rescheduled to Saturday, October 24, 2020 from March 24, 2020.
- An Evening with Neil deGrasse Tyson rescheduled to Wednesday, February 3, 2021 from April 6, 2020
- The Edwards Twins rescheduled to Monday, February 15, 2021 from April 2, 2020.
- Rend Collective rescheduled to Saturday, March 27, 2021 from March 28, 2020
- The Ballet Collection presented by United Ballet Theatre rescheduled to Saturday, May 22, 2021 from May 16, 2020.
Shows Postponed The following shows are currently postponed. We are working to reschedule the dates. We will alert ticket buyers as soon as a new date has been scheduled or if the show has been canceled. Ticket buyers should hold on to their tickets, which will be valid for the rescheduled performance date. For the latest information on specific shows, click on the show below.
- March 14, 2020 - PechaKucha Night Orlando v28
- March 14, 2020 - Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY
- March 18–22, 2020 - Shen Yun 2020
- March 21, 2020 - Orlando Philharmonic Presents American Rhapsody
- March 27–29, 2020 - Orlando Ballet Presents Made in the USA: A Collection of American Works.
- This show will no longer be taking place at Dr. Phillips Center. Please click the show name for more information.
- March 27, 2020 - Rodrigo y Gabriela
- April 1, 2020 - Growing Bolder's Launchpad to What's Next Live!
- April 4, 2020 - Cirque de la Symphonie presented by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra
- April 4, 2020 - Carmen presented by the Russian Ballet and Opera Orlando
- April 8, 2020 - Mandy Moore
- April 21, 2020 - RAIN–A Tribute to the Beatles
- April 25, 2020 - Tchaikovsky's 5th presented by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra
- April 25, 2020 - Bill Maher
Shows Canceled The following shows are currently canceled. Ticket holders will be contacted by email and will be offered options that include: an account credit, gift certificate, transferring your ticket into a charitable donation, or a refund.
- March 16, 2020 - Harry Connick, Jr.
- March 27–29 & 31, 2020 - Opera Orlando Presents The Daughter of the Regiment
- March 31–April 5, 2020 - Miss Saigon
- To be as flexible as possible, we’re offering several options for your Miss Saigon tickets. Click here to learn more.
- April 28–May 3, 2020 - A Bronx Tale
- To be as flexible as possible, we’re offering several options for your A Bronx Tale tickets. Click here to learn more.
- May 8–May 10, 2020 - Madagascar, A Musical Adventure Jr.
Dr. Phillips Center classes at our AdventHealth School of the Arts
- Florida public schools will be closed through April 15. Dr. Phillips Center classes at our AdventHealth School of the Arts will also be closed during this time period
- Pending any future extended closures, we hope to continue classes and rehearsals on April 17 and conclude the spring semester on May 30
- For Disney Musicals in Schools participants, we hope to continue rehearsals April 20 and conclude May 17
- Schools participating in the Applause Awards program should reach out to Applause Awards Program Director, Laura Peete directly for more information at email@example.com
- The safety of our guests, students, artists and colleagues is our top priority—so we’re closely monitoring the situation and reports from local and national public health agencies.
- We have rigorous sanitation standards and had already stepped up cleaning efforts for cold and flu season. This includes daily cleaning and sanitization of public spaces—like theaters, restrooms and lobby areas—plus administration offices. We’re also using hospital-grade disinfectant and increasing placement of hand sanitizer stations throughout the arts center—plus reinforcing the best practices for health and hygiene with our guests, artists and colleagues.
It’s important to remember this is a dynamic situation that needs tremendous flexibility in response. Our plans and tactics will change as the situation evolves and as we get new information from the CDC and the City of Orlando. So for the latest information, keep checking our site. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For reference, the CDC recommends these precautions to greatly reduce the risk of Coronavirus/COVID-19 exposure:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face (especially eyes, nose and mouth) with unwashed hands
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with people showing symptoms of being sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you’re sick