Dr. Phillips Center Honorary Newsie Contest Official Rules
Dr. Phillips Center Honorary Newsie Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Overview: Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts is pleased to announce the Honorary Newsie contest. Generated through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, entrants will comment with their original headline about Newsies at Dr. Phillips Center on the contest announcement post at www.facebook.com/DrPhillipsCenter, www.twitter.com/DrPhillipsCtr, and www.instagram.com/DrPhillipsCtr. One winner will be randomly chosen by a Dr. Phillips Center and will be awarded the title of “Honorary Newsie” including a pair of tickets to NEWSIES to the Tuesday, January 27, 2015 performance at Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.
1. Eligibility: Dr. Phillips Center’s “Honorary Newsie Contest” (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts ("Sponsor"), and their related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted. You are responsible for checking applicable laws in your jurisdiction before participating in the Contest to make sure that your participation is legal and to ensure that you comply with all relevant laws.
2. Sponsor: Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, 445 S. Magnolia Ave., Orlando, FL 32801. (“Sponsor”)
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on January 23, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on January 26, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. ET (the "Contest Period"), and consists of two (2) phases as outlined in the chart below.
January 23, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. ET
January 26, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. ET
January 26, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. ET
January 26, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. ET
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter Submission Phase: Go to Sponsor’s Facebook page, Twitter page, or Instagram page, located at www.facebook.com/DrPhillipsCenter, www.twitter.com/DrPhillipsCtr, and www.instagram.com/DrPhillipsCtr, respectively, and follow the links and instructions to enter by commenting on the contest announcement with your headline about Newsies at Dr. Phillips Center (the “Submission”). You must have a Facebook account, Twitter account, or Instagram account to enter via this method. If you do not have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can create one by visiting www.facebook.com or www.twitter.com. If you do not have an Instagram account, you can create one by downloading the app in either the iTunes App Store or in Google Play. All accounts are free.
By sending your Submission to Sponsor, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Submission Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Restrictions”), that you are the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission, and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Restrictions.
- The Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, as determined by Sponsor;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, as determined by Sponsor; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Submission is created; and
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
Sending a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor and its licensees, designees and assigns a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any lawful purpose including without limitation for promotional or marketing purposes. Sending a Submission also constitutes Entrant’s agreement to refrain from distributing, publishing, displaying or selling its Submission without receiving prior written approval from Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible or misdirected Submissions, which are disqualified.
All terms and conditions of Facebook.com, Twitter.com, and Instagram.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain entries by using multiple/different Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account associated with the submitted entry.
6. Winner Determination: During the Selection Phase, a representative of Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will randomly choose a Submission.
The entrant whose Submission is chosen will be deemed the Contest Winner. The potential winner will be notified by Sponsor via comment to potential winner’s post on Sponsor’s page or via private message to his or her Facebook or Twitter account on or around January 26, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. (the “Winning Notification”). The potential winner will have 24 hours from time of receipt of the Winning Notification on his or her personal Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account to (a) confirm that the notification has been received and (b) respond to the Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram message indicating acceptance of the prize.
Sponsor's decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and selection of the potential Contest winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. Sponsor has no obligation to distribute, publicize or otherwise release the winning Submission or any other Submission.
7. Winner Requirements: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, the potential Contest winner (or parent/legal guardian of such potential Contest winner, if such winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to (i) provide a copy of government issued identification and (ii) sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release, both of which must be received by Sponsor within 24 hours of being sent by Sponsor to winner, in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period, fails to comply with these Official Rules or prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner may be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion by selecting the Submission with the next highest score. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use such winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission, statements and/or prize information in connection with the Contest, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including the Internet, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity, including without limitation the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor and all other Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Winner accepts and acknowledges that the Contest is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook, and that winner’s Submission is being provided to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Winner agrees that nothing in these Official Rules grants winner a right or license to use Sponsor’s name or any Sponsor trademark or service mark.
8. Prizes: ONE (1) PRIZE consisting of:(i) Two (2) tickets to the NEWSIES performance on January 27, 2015 at Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize: $200.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a component thereof for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, fees and other expenses not listed herein associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, the applicable winner agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Disney, and their related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, licensees, designees, successors, assigns, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or receipt, possession or use or misuse of any prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action and/or merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prizes cannot be awarded due to receiving no Submissions which comply with the Official Rules and receive the required approvals described in Paragraph 6 above, cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other cause outside Sponsor’s reasonable control. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way, shall be disqualified.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet or ISP availability, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (6) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt, possession or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. If the Contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Florida(2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Florida without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 9, 2015 to: Dr. Phillips Center Honorary Newsie Contest, c/o Marketing Department, 445 S. Magnolia Ave., Orlando, FL 32801.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR INSTAGRAM. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR INSTAGRAM.