Steinmetz Hall: Now Open
Plus, Judson’s cabaret-style space opens in 2023
Our third theater, Steinmetz Hall, was part of the original Dr. Phillips Center design. Opening this space means we can share our vision of Arts For Every Life® in so many new ways, with so many new people.
And there’s more to look forward to in 2023—when Judson’s opens right behind the hall.
STEINMETZ HALL AT A GLANCE
- As one of the world’s most acoustically advanced theaters, Steinmetz Hall officially achieved an N1 sound rating—the lowest level at which humans can detect sound.
- It’s one of very few theaters in the world that can transform in shape, seating and sound to accommodate a variety of performances and events—with or without amplification.
- The quality of the space and the caliber of artists it will attract is on par with the most acclaimed venues across the globe—including Carnegie Hall, Sydney Opera House and Royal Albert Hall.
- There are 4 seating levels: orchestra (level 1), grand tier (level 2), center tier (level 3) and upper tier (level 4).
- Depending on the configuration, maximum capacity ranges from 1,597 to 1,741 people.
JUDSON’S AT A GLANCE
- Opening 2023.
- Judson’s is a dynamic music room with cabaret-style seating, perfect for intimate events and live entertainment—including emerging world music, jazz, chamber and recording.
- Capacity ranges from 125 to 175 people.
- Design architect: Barton Myers Associates, Inc.
- Executive architect: HKS Architects, Inc. Whiting Turner
- Owners’ representative: The Projects Group
- Structural/mechanical/electrical engineer: TLC Engineering Solutions Arup Los Angeles
- Theater planners: Theater Projects Consultants, Inc.
- Acoustician: Stages Consultants
- Lighting design: Ann Kale Associates