Volunteers are always needed.
The Dr. Phillips Center will always be driven by the dedicated volunteers who help us provide the best guest experience everyday. From corporations and arts organizations to community leaders, families and individuals, our volunteers do more than just donate their time and resources – they form the roots that connect us to the communities that fuel our future growth.
Apply now to join our Volunteer team as an usher, greeter, concierge, and more: Click Here.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show & Event Volunteers
- Ushers and Ticket Takers will play an important role in the guests’ experience and safety at the Dr. Phillips Center.
- Ticket Takers: These team members will welcome all guests as they enter the Della Grand Lobby. For ticketed events, team members will scan tickets at the lobby/theater doors and direct guests to appropriate theaters.
- Ushers: These team members will assists guests in locating amenities, appropriate theater doors, and seats within the theater. Ushers will also be stationed at our concierge desk to assist guest with lost and found items, assistive listening devices, coat check, and general questions or requests.
Members of this essential volunteer group will serve as friendly and informed ambassadors for the institution. Docents will lead tours of the building to the general public with a primary focus on informing, advising and educating visitors about the Dr. Phillips Center’s mission, history, and architecture, as well as current and past performance, event, and arts education activites.
Individuals with prior teaching and/or docent experience are encouraged to apply, as are those with multi-lingual skills. Prior experience in a performing arts related field is a strong plus. Docents will participate in on-going training.
- Possess an outgoing and engaging personality and strong public speaking skills
- Engage in dialogue about the building itself, and events presented at the Dr. Phillips Center
- Answer questions and offer performance suggestions that will enhance the guest experience
- Relay pertinent facts on the various composers, directors, choreographers, performers, and artists currently featured at the Dr. Phillips Center