Assisted Living: The Musical
Assisted Living: The Musical®
Show dates: March 10 - 12, 2017
Show times vary.
Tickets start at $33.75
Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater
Presented by Victory Productions
Assisted Living: The Musical® is an 85-minute, 1-act vaudevillian revue. The show’s host couple enters heaven, suspecting their son pulled the plug to get his hands on Dad’s vintage Corvette. They don’t seem to mind. Instead, the couple fondly remembers Pelican Roost, an active, full-service retirement community. There, the 2 actors play eighteen different characters who sing and dance, revel and kvetch, celebrate and bloviate their way through later life. The humor is pointed without mocking. The songs are evocative, clever and quick, featuring: “Help! I’ve Fallen (For You) and I Can’t Get Up,” “My Hide,” “The Uplifting Viagra Medley” and MANY more. You’ll get to know such characters as:
- Naomi Lipshitz-Yamamoto-Murphy regularly upgrades her living arrangements as an unintended consequence of spousal mortality.
- A Stetson-ed lawyer promises that legal compensation hides in every act of aging.
- A Wellness Center nurse actively – very actively – recruits organ donors.
- A 93-year-old Cadillac owner redefines “Drive-Thru Window.”
- A frenetic hypochondriac chases...
Well, you get the idea. Each one is living his and her life -- in the moment -- to the max.