Amazing things are happening.
Thanks to passionate colleagues, incredible philanthropic support, local leadership, strong relationships and community involvement, we’re thrilled to share that we’re celebrating our best year yet at Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit private business, this is especially meaningful because we can sustain—and advance—our vision of Arts For Every Life®.
Bringing people together, sharing memorable experiences, hosting amazing performances—we love being a place for:
- More than 430 diverse shows representing a huge range of genres
- 130 community presentations, working with dozens of local arts and community groups
- Almost 700,000 guests
- 226,000 students through classes, programs and outreach efforts
- Hundreds of private events, ranging from conferences and corporate retreats to galas and weddings
A major part of giving back is sharing Arts For Every Life® with as many people in as many ways as we can. Since opening in 2014, we’ve been able to contribute more than $5 million in value in community support.
This contribution goes toward things like:
- Hosting free school-day performances for students across Central Florida
- Providing unique programs—like Pilobolus @ Play and OCA Theater Week—for the aging population and kids with autism or special needs
- Offering discounted show tickets for students and veterans
- Underwriting scholarships and youth education programs
- Helping nonprofit organizations, as well as arts and community groups, host their events and performances here by reducing rental rates and expenses—plus collaborating with them on their marketing and operational needs
- Presenting free events on Seneff Arts Plaza
We’re excited to continue developing our own programs, implementing special initiatives and leading trends in the performing arts center industry.
Dr. Phillips Center has created and launched original content, series and programs, including:
- Dr. Phillips Center Florida Hospital School of the Arts: From award-winning summer programs to semester classes, this innovative place gives students from two to 102 the opportunity to excel in musical theater, acting, music and dance—and it's where we're making strides between wellness and the arts.
- The Jazz Orchestra at Dr. Phillips Center: Based on the deep roots and importance of jazz history, the formation of this 19-member orchestra showcases our commitment to create and sustain our own professional jazz programming.
- Orlando Health AMP'd at Dr. Phillips Center Series: Curated to boost local artists and bands, this unique series helped six talented acts gain exposure and grow their brands through an “AMP’d-up” level of presentation.
- 6th & Jazz: This immersive program includes a thorough in-class curriculum and an exciting show in Walt Disney Theater. In 2017—the program’s first year—18,500 Orange County sixth-graders participated.
- Docs & Dellas: This exceptional group of 44 middle- and high-schoolers represents Dr. Phillips Center on our stages and throughout the community. They hone their skills in acting, singing and dancing during a full season of performances.
We’re proud to employ 205 full- and part-time colleagues. We buy goods and services from local businesses. We promote the Central Florida region and love partnering with others to make the area more vibrant. We help infuse around $200 million each year into the local economy through direct show and consumer spending (i.e., money spent on restaurants, hotels, dry cleaners, etc.). And our $604 million project is a wonderful part of our region's economic development.